Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I'm surviving the first week!

Well hello again,
This is my first official week here at "camp" and I am having fun and learning many new things about racetrack life.  One big change is my lack of turnout.  I miss that, but Emily tries to give me some free time outside as much as possible!
This weather has been awesome, and I have been lucky enough to enjoy some nice rides lately.  I have settled in here at First Moon Farm and am now happy and quiet in my stall.  I have become even better friends with Poison and both of us are becoming shiny and sleek with our daily grooming routines.
Emily rode me the first two days I was here, then gave me two days off to recover and get into a routine.  I have been quite nervous the past few days and got a little case of the "runs" which is slowly clearing up.  Emily says its a lot of change for me, so as far as she is concerned i'm perfectly normal and she is watching to make sure I don't get too upset.  After my two days off (Nate was nice enough to get me out of my stall and take me for a walk when Emily wasn't around) Emily came out, groomed me and we did some long line work and lunging to build up my butt muscles.  I am taking the work very well and my legs are staying cool and happy.  Emily has to invest in some hind boots because she can hear my back ankles hitting as I trot.  I dont want to get any boo boos :(
Emily loves having me here and can't wait everyday to see me!  I have been eagerly awaiting her arrival and give little welcome nickers as she walks in the door.  Hope all is well with everyone!  Tell Casey and the new mare Hello for me!  I miss you Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment